Re: (TFT) One hundred healing potions a month

David Michael Grouchy II wrote:
> One hundred healing potions a week
>
>  To produced one hundred healing potions in a
> week requires three alchemical labs and three
> alchemist.

In a week?  You mean month, right?

>  The risk lays in an alchemist rolling a 17 or 18
> at the end of the week.  Either of these rolls cause
> an explosion in the lab.  This will do 2D to the
> alchemist and one to six thousand dollars of damage
> to the lab.  This event is not easily or quickly
> recovered from.

Good point.  I think the best resolution to the problem
may be the that staple of fantasy fiction: insurance.
There's a 1.85% chance of an explosion costing an average
of 3500sp.  So that's an average expense of 65sp per
week.  Throw in some uncertainty and some profit for the
insurer..call it 80sp a week.  That amount could be added
on to the cost of whatever is made, adding 8sp to each
potion if it's assumed that you're making batches of ten.
Perhaps when you rent such a lab the owner will make you
buy the insurance.

This introduces the possibility of a new sort of exciting
adventure: insurance fraud investigations!  The intrepid
players, agents of Lloyds of Cidri, boldly set forth once
more...

I wouldn't worry too much about the explosion blowing up
the neighborhood.  If it totally destroyed the lab it would
be doing at least $10,000 of damage, which it can't.  It's
hard to imagine it damaging nearby buildings unless it
also destroyed the lab.  I think a 10' 'buffer zone' (with
a 10' high wall) around each lab would be sufficient.

As far as the 2d6 damage, a stone flesh ring should be
worn by all prudent alchemists at all times!