(TFT) Re: Converting Dungeons and Droolers...

From: Michael Taylor <MichaelTaylor1@compuserve.com>
> D&D games reward killing and single-definition characters. Therefore D&D
> games tend to be about killing and gaining levels. They don't HAVE to be,
> but you WILL notice a 'general' simularity between D&D games and GURPS
> games and Traveller games and any other games.

Hmm, strange observations. I've found *much* more in common between
GURPS players and TFT players, than GURPS and AD&D. And Traveller
players are yet again different. Essentially, all of these games are very
different from each other (except GURPS and TFT). Traveller's only form of
advancement is social and equipment. GURPS rewards whatever the GM
wants to reward, and you have freeform character design. AD&D has levels
and classes. I suppose you could say that careers in Traveller are classes,
but they aren't. I fail to see the similarities. Sorry.

---
Brett Slocum  --  slocum@skypoint.com  --  ICQ #13032903
Home page: http://www.skypoint.com/~slocum/
"Ah'm yer pa, Luke." -- if James Earl Ray was the voice of Darth Vader