Re: Re: (TFT) Re: Outnumbering PC's in TFT / D&D

>  The only thing I really dog on AD&D about is the
>frequency of monsters.  The only common monster in
>the entire Fiend Folio was the throat leach.  Very rare
>monsters constitute a lot more than 4% of the Monster
>Manual

Use the tiny-print tables in the back of MM2.  Just
roll d100 to see what frequency category the encounter
is in, then roll or select one of that frequency.  That
way the vast number of very rare types doesn't skew the
results.  They're all just part of the 4%.  Makes each
individual type of VR even more rare, since there's so
many in that category.

(Horribly OT drooling-type stuff, I know.  I'll go flog
 myself now.)