Re: (TFT) Quiet

"Brett Slocum" <slocum@skypoint.com> wrote:
> My excuse is pretty lame. I got laid off in November, and just started a new
> job two weeks ago. During that time, I got addicted to Half-Life's Team
> Fortress Classic. But I'm better now. I've also had other things hanging over
> my head (writing projects for Tekumel). Also, the PBEM TFT game is on
> hiatus until Joe gets other stuff done.

I recently elected to take on the Consulting Job from Hell.  The job
itself is tough - get seven racks of computers from Baltimore to Boston
with no downtime of the websites hosted on said gear - and the political
battles are raging around me and the guy they hired as the Senior Unix
Sysadmin (who started the same day I did) has done nothing of value
except help install the first load of gear in the racks.  The money's
good, though, and the project has a fixed end date in February.  So I have
no life for 2.5 months, and a boatload of cash to bring to the bank
when asking for a mortgage come the spring.

The TFT PBEM game has, unfortunately, suffered greatly in the wake of
this new job.  So has every other pasttime I enjoy, including sleep :)

I will get back to the business of killing your characters as soon as
possible, though :)