Re: (TFT) Ty's New TFT Campaign -- Swords 'n Space

In ages past, my older brother created "Martians" and some assorted
other alien-like beasts that were inspired from some popular sci-fi
book he had read (Niven, IIRC).  He also created the "power cat",
which was based on a creature from the old Star Trek cartoon (and
which was related to the Kzinti).  He even has the stats for Sontarans
from Dr. Who written up.

I won't be able to post them for a couple days (heck, I won't power
on my home computer for a couple days), but I'll post them when I
can.

You should definitely check out Cumberland Games' "Points In Space",
which is a series of sci-fi locations that are detailed out.  The
author of Points is S. John Ross, who wrote a couple of the better
GURPS supplements (well, IMHO they're the better ones).  He also has
a 3D paper mini font set for "pulp" sci-fi called SPARKS: Watch the Skies.
http://www.cumberlandgames.com

You also may want to check out the new GURPS Traveller starship deckplans,
which not only have Traveller-based 'cardboard heroes' in the pack, but
have starship deckplans that are hex-based.
http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/

If you want a more "dark" campaign, some of the creatures from the Call
of Cthulhu RPG are very interesting and could either be scary or
comical, depending on what you want.  Heck, if your players are Lovecraft
fans, make 'em laugh by having them see an air-car with a bumper sticker
that reads "my other car is a Mi-Go brain cylinder".

You should check out Heaven & Earth, which is a program for Win32 OS's that
randomly generates worlds and star systems for Traveller-based games, but
there's enough info there even if you don't know Traveller.  It even
creates planetary maps (albeit at a low level of detail).
http://www.downport.com/wbd/HEAVEN_&_EARTH.htm

If you're looking for a means to create vehicles, check out the CORPS
Vehicle Design System.  It's somewhat complex, but very thorough, and is
available as a .pdf file for a reasonable price ($10, IIRC).
http://www.btrc.net/

Your campaign sounds very keen - good luck with it!

Tony Merlock
ps - if I don't post the monsters I mentioned above by Friday evening,
shoot me an email at amerlock@execpc.com, and I'll jump on it ASAP.
My memory has been poor lately.....