Re: (TFT) A deluge!

From: "Quite Confused" <Confused3141@hotmail.com>

    By way of introduction I'd like to
say that my name is Jay Carlisle, I fell in love with the underlaying
mathmatics of game design when I first realised that Melee was a magnificant
"fix" of the AD&D combat system (turned the order upside down) and I was
pleasently suprised to find such a great resource on the web

Jay!
Ohh wow. Its been a while. Lets see. Edd Ott's TFT campaign is going strong. We just had to pay out a huge Wereguild for damaging a statue to Aries. I play a Pit fighter (halberd, boomerang, bola). He sneaks into temples at night and knock over ther Idols. Man, they really get mad about it. More so than if I had knocked over a real person. Some times I hire a town wizard to teleport me into the temple. Only cost 38$ or so. Quite a bargin. What else. Merlin Schweitzer actaully read the rules after all these years. Are your ready for this. He made a campaign. He has actually run it twice. Who knows. There may be more to come. I think he is still a little intimidated by how TFT experienced his players are. You remember we were working on "multiple scale" TFT, and the long debates about Strength vs. Sizer, or "can a 10 ST Giant lift a house?" I'm fleshing out something new, and I need you to bash it. Just as a primer I think we'll call this debate "Magic spells, and the inversion of prerequisites."

   David Michael Grouchy II

P.S. Steve, Merlin, and Tom Ange played "Space Hulks" last weekend as a break from Necromunda. Reminds me of old times.