(TFT) Re: Ty's New TFT Campaign -- What psionics??

I read through the rules. Thanks~! I like them very much. The only
deficiency I could find is that though you mention psionics, and their
point
cost, you dont list the psionic skill names.

Could you post those and their effects.
The few that come to mind are
Telekenisis,
teleport,
clairsentiance,
mind (reading, scanning, link),
temperature control,
psionic (attack and sheild),
and of course the ever popular psi-null skill.

You have others? How do you run these and others?

Thanks
Joel<

Glad you like them, I'm currently working on a trimmed down version of Car
Wars for use with vehicles.

My feeling about Psionics was that these should be defined on a
campaign-by-campaign basis. So the specifics of Psioncis would be defined
in each 'world-book'.

In other words, for a Horseclans or Star Trek campaign, Telepathy would be
a Psionics I (12/3) ability because it's relatively common and not a big
deal for people to have. But in a modern campaign only Detect Danger would
be Psionics I while Telepathy might be Psionics III (20/9).

This way the rules and point costs would be the same across campaigns, but
GM's could decide how much "POWER" each level of Psioncs would have without
unbalancing their campaign, but at the same time players wouldn't have to
relearn the rules for psinoics each time.

Here's how I wrote the Psionics for a Star Trek campaign:

Allowed Psionics:
Psionics I (12/3: Mind Shield)
Psionics I (12/3: Receptive Empathy)
Psionics II (16/3: Projective Empathy)
Psionics III (20/3: Projective Telepathy)
Psionics IV (24/3: Mind Meld)
Psionics V (28/3: Mind Control, as the Spell)
Telepathy (14/3, as the Spell)
Biofeedback (11/2)
Willpower (9/1)

I hope this is a little help - most psionics are built using TFT Super
powers (from the Spacegamer article) or use "spell equivalents". Most of
the time, these cover the basics.

The best treatment of Psionics I've ever seen (and will someday get around
to converting!) is from Fantasy Games Unlimited's "Psi World" RPG. Highly
recommended for a simple and yet complete treatment of psionics that has
all the powers you mention.

Michael