Re: (TFT) A deluge!

From: "Quite Confused" <Confused3141@hotmail.com>
> No one seems to play anything but war
> games or Vampire the Masquerade up here i.e. too much tactics or none at
> all.

I was just perusing the event book for a convention next week and was happy
to see one World of Angst game, 2 Feng Shui, 1 Unknown Armies, 1 Castle
Falkenstein (plus a LARP), 10 AD&D, 4 D&D 3E (Wow!), 1 Blue Planet, 3
CoC, 1 GURPS (mine!), 1 L5R, 1 Heavy Gear, 1 Noir, 1 Over the Edge, 1
Paranoia, 1 Shadowrun, 1 Teenagers FOS, and 2 Underworld RPG games.
Quite a nice broad range of games, and several that are out-of-print. And I've
found 3 other people who are TFT enthusiasts in town. There's hope!

> The biggest group even does the makeup thing complete with gluing
> rice crispies on their faces (I think it's supposed to be warts).

That's just wrong.

> I ran
> one PBEM TFT dungeon for some cats in Iowa using the scale stuff. I was
> suspired how well it came off. The highlight occurred after everyone but
> the two hobbit scouts got captured by the Prootwaddles (ah la the old
> weaponless Kobold swarm and pin trick in D&D) and the turns went to action
> time just as the Prootwaddle King was about to lever the huge boulder down
> the incline to crush the captives. The first guy tries to take a snap shot
> at the Kings hand but the other one uses part of my description against me
> ( Action Time=1 sec per turn. A character can; ...speak three syllables,
> as in one-thou-sand...) and decides to yell PROOOOT! I thought this good
> enough to force a disbelieve from the tribe or they would momentarily drop
> everything to join in the call. Anyway this was just the delay they needed
> and the hobbits got to save the day.

Great scene.

---
Brett Slocum  --  slocum@skypoint.com  --  ICQ #13032903
Home page: http://www.skypoint.com/~slocum/
"Ah'm yer pa, Luke." -- if James Earl Ray was the voice of Darth Vader