Re: (TFT) orbs

>   But largely you are correct in that to get anything big done
in a reasonable amount of time, the group approach is a *lot* more
practical.

The nice side effect to this is that even though it's possible for a single
Wizard to take over the world this way, the PCs will never have that much
patience. So this (high-level magic item creation) inadvertently becomes an
"NPC-only" ability without having to actually restrict it to NPCs only!

Though this does remind me. The TFT magic item creation system seems to be
the most jumbled and illogical mess in an otherwise amazingly elegant and
straightforward system. Has anyone found anything better? Or does the
benefit listed above *require* the magic-item creation system to be so
disorganized?

Create Gate will let you cast spells through the gate (IMHO). You can set
up ANY rules you want when you create the gate. If you can create it so
that it only activates when something living comes through AND you can
stick your head through the gate and pull it back it seems to be flexible
enough to all the rule "Always Activate and allows Spells To Go Through
it."

Michael