Re: (TFT) TFT: Heal Spell Correction

Hmmm.... I ain't got this on the spell list.....I must admit I thought the
lack of a zap! heal spell in the TFT rules made for more interesting
roleplaying in some ways.

Dave & DMG,
to equalise things why not embellish the spell thus:

A HEAL spell basically effects a vortex of magical energy to rapidly re-knit
the flesh and bones of the wounded person. Unfortunately, this is also
intensely stimulating to the nerve endings involved (i.e.very very painful).
The process is so painful that the person HEALED must make a 3/IQ roll to
avoid losing consciousness for 1d6 turns. A fumble means the person becomes
berserk for 1d6 turns, attacking the nearest figure (1-3) or fleeing in
terror (4-6), roll every 3 turns if other figures present. A critical fumble
means the person remains in this state for 1d6 days.

The spell looks very dramatic (sparks flying everywhere & stuff) so it will
be pretty obvious what the spellcaster is doing. A subject will yell out 5/6
of the time too. In short, this ain't a quiet spell (not the sort of spell a
bunch of thieves could cast on a rooftop without getting noticed bigtime)

(This downside may reduce prereq. IQ to 15 or 16, thoughts?)

The rationale being that as a doctor I realise just about all drugs have
side effects...................

(quasi)medically
Cas