Re: (TFT) Healing Spells, Balance, and Inflation

Thorn,
That was quite a mouthfull. I hear the truth of what you are saying. I particularly like the bit about draining the patients own ST and knocking them out to heal them.

    David Michael Grouchy II

From: Thorn <edt@dopey.ne.mediaone.net>

I've got a healer in a running email game just now, and
although she's got about 40 fST worth of allied mages,
I didn't build her with that in mind.  I imagined her
using Drain ST, drawing down the patient's fST to heal
their wounds with Healing.  I think that in parties
without so much local magery, that approach helps limit
the power of the healing.  The warriors won't want to
'top off' after every fight, if it means the healer's
going to knock them out to do it.