(TFT) TFT: Heal Spell

Cas writes . . .

>Dave & DMG,
>to equalise things why not embellish the spell thus:
>
>A HEAL spell basically effects a vortex of magical energy to rapidly
>re-knit the flesh and bones of the wounded person.  [snip]

   IMO the above would just add D&D-like complication to the spell and the
game in general.  Most of the mechanics in TFT are relatively free of
chrome, and when creating and adapting new stuff for TFT I try to keep it
that way.
   It's also not much of a fix even in a labyrinth setting -- just gag and
tie up whoever you want to heal (especially if she's pretty).  The critical
fumble is a real concern, but IMO harms suspension of disbelief.  ("Ever
since we healed him he's been trying to kill us . . .  for three days now!")
   However, this would be an interesting bit of chrome in an individual
campaign . . .  something the GM tosses in to spice up an adventure.  A
party would be pleased to find a spell book with your corrected version of
heal, but hopefully they read the fine print in the back.

   (Imagine Gomer Pyle GMing a TFT game.  Every ten minutes: "Surprise,
surprise, surprise!")

Rick writes . . .

>I think your new spell is a big improvement.
>Take a look at the 6 versions of my Healing spell that
>I sent to the list a long time ago. (Search for:
>Healing:Basic.)

   I took a look, and I kind of like them.  There may be a lot of value in
speeding up the healing process without instantly healing characters.  I'll
have to give it some thought.

Pfc. Dave Seagraves, Scout/Sniper, 101st Airborne
Division, attached to HQ Company, 36th Infantry Div.
Texas Military Historical Society (WWII reenactors)
1 (512) 835-7527   http://members.aol.com/txmhs