Re: (TFT) Re: Open Letter to a GameMaster

"John Paul Bakshoian" <hailmelee@hotmail.com> wrote:
> That is why I don't think I would ever RUN a PBEM even if I could come up
> with a great game.  GMing it would take a different skill than I have
> developed.

I understand some of Dave's annoyance here.  I was running a PBEM game
of Tollenkar's Lair until I took my new job, and by all accounts the
players seemed to enjoy my particular style of GMing, which is heavy
on role-playing and light on roll-playing.  (That's why I love TFT,
after all!)

When I took my new job in December, I knew it was going to occupy all
my time for a while, so I reluctantly suspended it.  I'd rather not
play unless I can devote enough time to it.  I recently got to the
point where I am less busy with work, but am just about to move, so
my hopes of reviving the game are still on hold for a month or so.

The players, I think, were satisfied with the decision to suspend the
game altogether rather than play on a "whenever" basis.  It's a tough
call to make, but a GM should consider the players as well as the game.
I understand Dave's frustration, and can easily overlook his venting,
especially since he was circumspect enough to not name names.