RE: (TFT) Rick's Old /Space Gamer/ Ad

"David Michael Grouchy II" <david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com> wrote:
> It is based on the underlying TFT mathmatics, but it is sufficiently
> different to be copyrighted on its own.

A side note here: game mechanics cannot be copyrighted, only the
text describing them.  It's generally legal to create add-ons to
game systems, though that doesn't necessarily stop corporate
lawyers from nipping at your heels about it.

This list has attracted a number of people involved in the Metagaming
community over the years, including Guy McLimore, designer of GrailQuest
and editor at Metagaming.  It couldn't have gotten better unless SJ or
HT had chasen to participate.

Personally, my high-water mark came when I was contacted by HT's son.
(Some doubt remains among some list members as to whether I've had my
leg pulled; my research convinced me otherwise.)  Unfortunately, I
found that the only thing that will resurrect any of the Metagaming
games is a big wad o' cash dropped into HT's lap.  At least I know he's
alive and well - I've had tons of enjoyment from his work.