RE: (TFT) Rick's Old /Space Gamer/ Ad

Michael,
     I am not aware of this one.  Can you point me to the subject heading
on
this so I can read it in the archives.  According to the list I have
compiled the biggest complain is the HTH system, second it the "Lack of
Scaleability" and third is the "disorganized hard to find organization of
the books".  Actually I found very few complaints about the magic system.
     So what is thought-powered spells.  Is this the optional rules that
were discussed about using IQ for fatigue?  I have seen a lot of info on
that, both in the archives and on various TFT web pages.

     David Michael Grouchy II
______________________________________________<

Well, it's an article from Rick's old Fantay Forum magazine. Thought
powered spells is an attempt to fix the "Barbarian Wizard' problem. Some
people dont like that an ST 30 wizard can also bend steel with his bare
hands.

Yes, Thought-powered spells is using IQ for fatique. 1 IQ = 12 fST if you
haven't used it for *anything* else and 1 IQ = 1 fST if you have a higher
IQ than the highest spell/talent you have. There are other limitations
about what you can do with the type of spell (basically to prevent 12d6
fireballs and other abuses) but that's the basics.

I'd love to see this posted with his permission.

Michael