RE: (TFT) Rick's Old /Space Gamer/ Ad

From: Michael Taylor <MichaelTaylor1@compuserve.com>

How many of these did you publish? Do you still have any interest in
publishing them?

Michael,
None. I've just played them. We had fun with them. Despite that I really didn't think they were done well enough, or original enough, to publish. I have toyed with the idea of publishing them. I did some work to collect them all under one time jumping campaign. That way when the characters jump into a different time they would find a fully fleshed campaign running. Here is a list of the original games reorganized into consecutive ages of time.

    Age of creation
    God kings
    Ancients
    Holy Avenger
    Renaisance Colony
    Against the Drug lords
    Building a new civilization
    Space Epic
    Realityscape
    Super Heros vs. Super Races
    The edges of time

Each campaign has a mechanisim I call the "campaign mechanism". Through character actions they can accelerate the rise in technology to the next age or retard it back to the previous age/campaign. For instance: the current real time would be "Against the Drug Lords". The campaign mechanism is the Planetary Sobriety Level (PSL) which starts at 10.5 When the characters encounter an NPC the GM rolls 3D. If he rolls the PSL or less then the NPC is sober, otherwise they are on something. By campaigning against, or for, the drug lords they can alter the sobriety of the planet. if the PSL is raised to 16 then train wrecks stop happening, planes stop crashing, and actual space exploration becomes possible. The campaign then shifts into Building a New Civilization which deals with the inner soloar system. If the Planetary Sobriety Level is reduced to 5 then civilization collapses, magic re-enters the world, and the campaign retrogrades to the previous. In this case Renaisance Colony. The players had a lot of fun with this too. They would make time gates between campaigns and use resouces from other times. I have found that players like having access to these kind of resouces. Anything they could think up they could probably find in some time or another. It had the effect of unleashing their imagination and creativity. That and it was easy for them to bring in characters from any other campaign they had played in.

    David Michael Grouchy.