(TFT) Ultimate Ruler's Magic Items

Micheal writes . . .

>The idea is to take the "DIFFERENT KINDS OF CHARACTER" section
>from ITL:6 and expand it into a combination NPC/Sample Characters/
>Character Templates/Quikstart characters for use in games.

   Great idea Mike!  Actually I was kind of working on something along those
lines . . .

   I was preparing for an adventure that features the party meeting the
ruler of a country, and I had to create a character sheet for that ruler.
One of the questions I had to ask myself is, "What magic items will a
typical ruler have on him?"  Two criteria are obvious: (a) He will have the
most useful enchantments to help him be a better ruler and protect himself;
and (b) money is no object, especially if the ruler's monarchy has been
around for several generations and they've had plenty of time to tax the
peasants.
   So here are six magic items for the well-dressed ruler.  All of the
enchantments -- where possible -- have the "No ST Cost" upgrade.

RING: Insubstantiality, Spell Shield, +5 IQ, Ring of (ruler's
   own race) Control, Fireproofing.  $618,000

RING: Telepathy, Cleansing, Avert, Ring of (enemy race) Control,
   Glamor (as ruler, but more handsome/beautiful).  $524,000

ARMOR: Iron Flesh, Reverse Missiles, Weapon/Armor Enchantment:
   +5 Hits Stopped, Detect Enemies, Blur.  $420,000

AMULET: +2 Charm, Telekinesis, Persuasiveness, Mage Sight,
   Amulet vs. Drowning.  $328,000

GOBLET: Unicorn Horn, Amulet vs. Drunkenness.  $9500

SCEPTER (or HUNTING WEAPON): +5 ST, +5 DX, Weapon/Armor Enchant-
   ment: +5 Damage, Flaming Weapon, Limiting Enchantment:
   Usable only by Ruler of x Country.  $256,000

   Total cost of all items: $2,155,500.  The goblet and scepter are never
used simultaneously -- one hardly ever drinks and fights at the same time --
so the "Rule of Five" is still obeyed.  This also allows the ruler to set
both down if he ever needs to use any other item for a short time.

Dave Seagraves   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 835-7527
Help fight the criminal organization known as Taco Bell!
Call the FTC and complain at 1 (877) 275-9640.