Re: (TFT) Strength tables dont match?

From: "Terry" <terry@superonline.com>

Hey all,

Im new to the list but not new to TFT.  I was wondering if
anyone knows of a game that is accepting new players?

Hello Terry,
Welcome. I'm not sure about games that are running right now. I think there are. I would like to share a story with you though. This is from an old post. All the way back in March of 2000. We have the entire archives of this group saved. If you are interested there is a searchable database at . . .

http://tft.brainiac.com/cgi-bin/wilma/tft

  There is also a tft web-ring at . . .

http://www.skypoint.com/~slocum/tftring/

Lastly, before the story, Mr Joe Hartley is our host. He did the work on the archives, and setting up this news group. Thanks Joe!

Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 22:39:46 CST

alan stated,

<<PS I don't even know why I'm doing this. I haven't played
< TFT since early last decade.

grabowski writes,

Except for 2 pbem's I am involved in an a try in 1991 neither
have I.  Are we all sick or what???  Maybe its a childhood
thing????? (Although I was 19 when Melee and Wizard came out)

Yours in Cidri,
Justin

    One of my earliest memories is of my grandmother (a teacher)
who took me on a tour of her work one summer and stopped at a
door.  She said "This is kinder-garden.  This is where you will
be going to school next year."  I remember looking at the door
and imagining behind it a bunch of little garden rows.  Of
course you would start with gardening!  Then when it was time to
learn math we would already have something to add up.  I cant
tell you how disappointed I was the next year when all we did was
a lot of paper work.  I kept waiting for the day when the
paperwork would finish and they would take us out to the garden.

    Once my grandmother came over for a visit and we were playing
army in the yard.  She came running out of the house and said
"Stop that!  Dont you know what you play as children is what you
will become when you grow up?"  I had just been killed and was
lying on the ground.  I remember looking up and thinking Ill
probably grow up to do paperwork.

    All these different areas of knowledge.  It is impossible for
someone to be a renaissance man in the modern world.  A man who is
a doctor, lawyer, engineer, and scientist all rolled into one.
What is it now?  Eight hundred degrees just within the field of
engineering alone.  I was just formulating my thesis that only a
tight group of people, a small community, could collectively equal
the renaissance ideal when we heard about D&D.

    School had all these different areas of knowledge but never
brought them together.  In role playing I found a use for all of my
knowledge.  In fact I started learning more.  We were quickly
surprised to find that no matter how much we learned, there was
always more.  My math grades started going up.  In role playing I
finally found a single use for all that school had to offer.  Not
only that, but a group to share it with.  Role playing was the first
thing I had ever seen  where everyone would get up, turn off the TV,
and the radio, sit down around a table and actually listen to each
other.

     I would also get to create gardens.

     David Michael Grouchy II