(TFT) poverty

> There was a "Ice Age Adventuring" (or similar title) in an old Dragon
> magazine.  I rememeber how intriguing it was to imagine a game where the
> great 'treasure' was survival.  In contrast to the collection of magic
> daggers our elven warrior had, it seemed quite an attractive idea...

Similar to AD&Ds Dark Sun, with bits of crap becoming valuable as everyone
is so impoverished. For some reaosn didn't quite work. I think not in the
least because of monsters with names like they had been made by scrabble
players on LSD but anyway I digress.
I quite like the idea of a bit of poverty now and then, so if anyone has
more to say I'm listening.....
Cas