(TFT) oral tradition

Yes, I grant that all spells may be available through oral tradition but
only if there are the preexisting oral traditors to teach them.
In my hypothetical N. American tribe, lets say, there are x number of
spells. Through isolation others have been lost. Now being pragmatic, these
guys recognise that if they can capture or trade with a wizard, then their
shamans have new goodies to cast (adventuring wizards, be wary of being
kidnaped)

Perhaps an adventure plot may revolve around a wizard being held by a tribe
of warlike shamans after his party has been killed and the adventurers have
to fetch him/whatever.

A shamanistic view of the cosmos is in some ways simialr to a wizards' in
that everytthing has an energy that can be manipulated (with shamans it is
appeasing and talking to a sentient rock, river or critter, whereas wizards
figure out different ways...). It is moreadvancxed priests who are different
with a formalized religion.
Cas

PS: I like the stuff abut the wheels. I also loved Coyote the trickster and
Tezcatlipoca the best anyway :)