Re: Re: (TFT) Looking for a Spell

DMG II wrote:
> Sorry.  Long Distance Teleport is a type (S) spell, not
> a thrown spell. As such only the wizard can use it.  They
>can't cast it on anyone.

Hm, the type 'S' designation is basically just a miscellaneous
category.  It covers a lot of odd spells, most of which are not
for casting on other people, true, but I don't believe that is
a specific rule for all of them.

I think if you check the actual spell description of LD Teleport,
it specifically allows the wizard to teleport someone else.  In
fact, I seem to recall language in the spell description to the
effect that the wizard can't deliberately cast the spell clumsily
when teleporting someone else in order to kill them.

Or maybe I'm just crazy and remembering some other game's
rules.  I'll check my books tonight.