Re: (TFT) re: SOLO II

After the fight with the demon your two monks break out ten healing potions each. They tend who ever is wounded. They heal you completely first and then will spread the rest around evenly. You say to the Guard "I want these people arrested" referring to the patrons and the bar keeper. The guard shakes his head. ``I wouldn't recommend that Father. These people have done nothing. And we have tried arresting employees and patrons in this bar before. It doesn't work. They have rich friends. Besides a demon is untraceable. There is no way we can determine who summoned it." The guard takes you outside to the side walk. "Look, we know who runs this place, but he has no legitimate connection to it. Some flunky of his officially owns it. The man you want is Incisor. He's an important wizard in the guild. Virtually untouchable. You won't get anything out of these poor fools." One of the monks comes up. "I know that name. Incisor. Upper class all the way. He hires wizards to invent new spells for him, and then he submits them to the wizards guild as his own. It's gotten him into some political trouble in the past." You decide that you have enough information from this tavern. You round up your team and leave. It's only a block and a half to The Cathedral. Your walking across the brick road and think about getting some nice clothes. Maybe circulating with the upper crust of society. See if you can meet this Incisor. You look up. Even though it is shortly after noon the sky is still cloudy and dark. The marsh must be burning. You remember when you were younger hearing that a marsh fire can burn for weeks. You stop walking. You may have to get a proper introduction to get anywhere near Incisors' circles of influence. You look back at the Old Absinthe tavern. You're pretty sure that through the eyes of the proxy Incisor knows what you look like. Coming down Royal Street is a large snake of pure fire. It is slithering right for you. It has two arms and a human head, all shaped out of red leaping flames. A salamander, or fire elemental. It must have entered the city from the east gate. The marsh fire is a perfect place for making such a big elemental.

Salamander

ST: 30    Fireball 1-1 per 1fs, hands 1+2
DX: 13
IQ:  8
MA: 10    1 fire hex per 3 MA spent in one hex
         Immune to ordinary weapons
         Enchanted weapons only do half damage

    The salamander will ignore everyone but you.  They can't
hurt it anyway.  Only you have a magical weapon. The salamander
will try to burn you to death with its hands.  If you flee, it
will then start with the 5D fireballs.  Your best bet is to stand
and fight.
    If you have a higher DX you may be able to win this fight.
Set vs. charge, take a hit from it, then disengage next turn
before it can hit you again.  Set vs. charge, disengage.  Repeat.
Remeber you do double damage on a charge attack.  Do that first
and then divide the damage in half because of the fire elementals
resistance.
    The guard will try to help in the fight.  They can't do any
damage and the salamander will ignore them.  They may be in the
way more than anything, but they are brave and will try anyway.
    The monks will run to the cathedral to get water.  If you
can survive six turns they will return with jugs of water and
start splashing the elemental with a liter each turn.  This does
1D damage each splash.  They do have to engage the elemental to
splash it though.

    David Michael Grouchy II