RE: (TFT) hero 3IQ rule and wizards & hero

From: Michael Taylor <MichaelTaylor1@compuserve.com>

Maybe a wish could do it?

Michael,
Hmmm. The new 8th power of wishes. Not bad. "I wish I could turn invisible." Giving a warrior the spell at no DX mod, and only 1 IQ cost.

     Wishes.
(8) A wish can be used to learn a spell or talent as though the character were a wizard or hero. Instead of a wizard paying double IQ cost to learn a talent they can wish for it and pay the normal cost. A hero who has a free IQ point may wish to learn any spell they have the IQ for, that they know of, and have seen cast. The hero may cast this spell at normal DX and does not suffer from the normal DX-4. Cold iron still affects the spell casting normally. If the character does not have the IQ points needed to learn the ability the wish is still spent, but they may record it as one of their studied abilities. Just make a note that it is a studied wish. When the character gets the extra points and/or a high enough IQ they may pick up the ability. (9) A wish may reduce the effect of cold iron on spell casting. For each wish spent the DX mod reduced by one. With two wishes it can be brought down to DX-2. With four wishes it can be reduced to nothing. Remember that wishes are very difficult to get. A wizard has to summon a greater demon and go into mental combat with them. And wishes are not for sale.

     David Michael Grouchy II