Re: (TFT) Sci-Fi TFT

From: "David Michael Grouchy II"

    Lastly, I'm glad you were not offended by the theology.  I
tested that theory of ``the divine as low IQ'' against several
religious authorities.  Including one important local figure
in Islam.  My inside track to all things Muslem.

From: "John Paul Bakshoian" <hailmelee@hotmail.com>

Not offended by Devine as low IQ as a gaming concept.
But what can a Devine do?  If a Devine cannot make the universe
or breath life into clay to make humans or give fire to man,
then what is devine?

It seems by your definition, though, a Devine will often be
fooled by an illusionist.

You need to expand on what Devine is, perhaps.

John,
I guess the way to expand it would be to make a list of the IQ 1 through IQ 6 talents and spells. I'm not really prepaired to do that but I think I will fire off some quick ideas anyway. First, though, I would like to talk about a key issue you brought up. Dimi-gods and Illusions.

A quick rehash: In the previous post I listed ten ages, or campaigns, the first one being "God Kings". The only info I gave in the previous post was to list "Sticks & Stones" as a sample game of the genera. Here is a little more. In a God Kings campaign each player character is a preist-king of their own tribe. The members of their tribe view and worship them as a god. The unique power they have is the power of illusion over members of their own tribe. Any illusion they cast on them, or for them, is automatically believed. Including healing. Combat is done through tribe members. As long as there is someone left in the tribe the god king gets to keep playing. In fact on the character sheet the statistic of ST is exactly the number of able bodied men who are warriors in the tribe. In a God Kings campaign each player character starts with a name of only one syllable. Like "Og" or "Uz" or some such. As they accomplish great deeds or missions they get to add syllables to their name. Their name grows as it were. Thus if one encounters a tribe that worships someone called "Og-us-tus" you will know they are experienced and acomplished.

Now for a transitional paragraph. The previous example was of the "God Kings" campaign and is after the time of creation. Shortly after creation, but after the real work is done. It deals with illusions directly. Now for some test IQ 6 and lower abilities.

IQ 1
Division(0) The ability to divide things. Fundamental things. Like light from darkness, the red sea, or tribes from tribes. Name(0) The ability to name things by calling them. In the act of naming them they are compeled to respond and to come forward.

IQ 2
Gravity(1/4) The ability to create gravity. That is to make energy into matter and have it collect into specified area.
  Atmosphere(1/4)  The abilty to create atmosphere.

IQ 3
  Sea and Land(1/2)  The ability to create contenents and oceans.
Vegetation(1/2) The ability to create plant life. Plants that seed and spread.

IQ 4
  Stars(1)  The ability to create stars.
Orbit(1) The ability to create stable orbits and do other cosmological manipulations.

IQ 5
Multiplication(1) The ability to give creations the ability to reproduce and flourish. This ability includes multiple forms which determine the movement of the creature. These are: swim, fly, walk, and crawl. They also include the need to eat.

IQ 6
Grant dominion(1) This is the ability to give authority to others. This authority is limited to specific creations made with the preceeding abilities, and do not include the abilities themselves.

Well thats it. I'm sure someone is getting a rope to hang me with now, or stoking up a fire around a stake. This is just a quick first draft. So, claims of heresy, or plain old bad spelling, should hold off until I have fully incriminated myself.

  David Michael Grouchy II