From: tft-owner@brainiac.com [mailto:tft-owner@brainiac.com]On Behalf Of
Michael Taylor
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 6:15 PM
To: INTERNET:tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: RE: (TFT) RE: General Test of MELEE knowledge

IMO, a lot of the melee rules start to break when MA's exceed 10.<

Actually this problem carries over into the Starleader: Assault! combat
system as well.

While Starleader: Assault! manages to get fix the "Sideways Backstab"
problem, the "Charge" problem AND get rid of the need for engagement
altogether, it *also* breaks down when people can move greater than MA 12.

So any ideas for a fix would be very useful to me as well.

I was thinking of something like a "Stun/Fall" rule that works like Rick's
Advantages of Great Strength".

For example, for each MA 8, any movement of "1-hex" is really "1-hex per MA
8". Something like that..

Any comments?
Michael