Re: (TFT) Associatin of Fantasy Trippers

Great rant, and I agree with most of the interpretations, but I think it can
be a bit picky...

>        Advanced Wizard Page 8.  Some kind of a native with zulu style
> leggings, zulu style spear, and fur liked head dress is being attacked by
> two reptile men.  If the section on reptile men says that a lone man
> fighting just one reptile man is a "messy form of suicide" then why is a
> lone man confronted by two not even using his spear?  Note he is striking
> one of them with his left bare hand.  On top of that he is striking with
his
> bare hand and he is not in HTH.  Note the platfrom he is stading on that
> they aren't.  That proves they are not sharing the same hex.

Uh, you don't have to be HTH to strike bare-handed, but it's not the best
choice unless you have a bit of UC.

>      Advanced Wizard Page 10.  An archer takes his last shot option
against
> a crocodile.  The crocodile has decided to engage the archer with his side
> hex.  Don't ask me why.  Or did the archer run up to the croc's side hex.
> If so he's probably moved too far to shoot.

We went over this last time. You can't engage someone with your side hex.

>      Advanced Wizard page 18.  An ogre?  The face is a little gruesome for
> giant.  The ogre has a nice wrist band, an arm band, and a layered
necklace.
>   He also has some kind of furry loin cloth held on with a belt.  The
> question I have, is why does he have fur strapped to his fore arms.  Is
this
> some kind of fore arm armor we don't know about.  Aside from that, this
> picture is one of the few that works.  That even looks like a battle axe
> hanging from his belt.

The fur is a fashion statement, not armor.

>      Advanced Wizard Page 29.  This picture works.  This guy can drop the
> sack at a moments notice and fight unencumbered.  Though it doesn't look
> like he closed the door behind him when he came into the hall.

And not have to take an action to drop/change weapon? Why not hit'em with
the sack?

>      Advanced Wizard page 36.  Two hobgoblins.  One with a crossbow.  He
has
> a quarrel out and looks ready to noch it.  Unfortunately the crossbow is
not
> cocked.

-4 for not having the correct weapon skill...

>      In The Labrinth Page 30.  There are absolutely no rules for incense
in
> any of the books or suppliments ever published for TFT.  The word incense
is
> never even mentioned.  It is not on any equipment list.  Yet, in this
> picture it is a central feature.

Ever heard of common ingredients? Or, what do you think is in a Wizard's
Chest?

>      In The Labrinth Page 52.  Here is a gargoyle who has to land on a
> window cill with his hands and then pull his feet in.  Instead of landing
on
> the cill with his feet like every other gargoyle.  Also, there is that
tail
> again.  So can I add in a taill attack for gargoyles now?  That's three
> times they've been drawn with them.

Rats and stuff have tails and can't attack with them...

Really, this art doesn't compare to AD&D stuff (in a good way).

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com