From: tft-owner@brainiac.com [mailto:tft-owner@brainiac.com]On Behalf Of
Joe Hartley
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2001 6:44 AM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: RE: (TFT) Copyright discussion-Lawrence Lessig

"rsmith" <rsmith@lightspeed.ca> wrote:
> 	Howard Th. originally asked for ~$250,000 for the
> rights to TFT (if I remember long past threads correctly).
>
> 	However it was NOT worth $250,000.  No one paying that
> much could ever expect to make back their money.

It's worth remembering that the figure used as the asking price was
what was quoted to Steve Jackson when he asked about it.  The parting
of the ways of SJ and HT was acrimonious, and that number was apparently
pulled out of the air to be a deterrent to SJ.

If I recall the rumors and gossip correctly, SJ could have left
Metagaming with either Ogre or TFT, and he chose Ogre... apparently
a wise move all these years later.