(TFT) Branya 8, One hundred terrible monsters

    "Who isn't watching the show of light"
    A bolt of lightning strikes the back of an ink quill.
    "The map makers are designing the future"
    A wrinkled old hand drawing out a path through woods.

The team has alienated almost everyone. They don't get job offers like before. There is only one type of patron left for them. Reclusive wizards. With their own obscure agendas. One wealthy wizard hires them for a mission of extermination. He gives them a blood stained map to a monster factory. An underground factory of horrors. A rival wizard is running the place. The patron wants everything in the factory killed. The team gets it all. Anything they find. All the equipment. Even the extensive complex of the factory itself. They just have to kill everything in it. The team sloggs through the tunnels with mechanical precision. Every creature they encounter is quickly dispatched. One at a time, teams of ten, it doesn't matter. The well seasoned team carves its way like a knife through butter. They kill everthing. They get to the last room. A control/observation room of some kind. There is a guy in dark robes with stars all over them. He immediately says "I didn't do it. I was framed. You got the wrong guy." The team stops and looks at him kind of funny. "I'm just a scribe. I was hired to do some translations. When I figured out what the boss was up to I confronted him. The next thing I knew I was trapped down here sorounded by a hundred terrible monsters. Wearing these spiffy looking wizard's robes." He looks around desparately. "Thank goodness you're here. Now maybe I can get out of this place." The team hesitates, but they don't seem convinced. But when the guy shows them where the treasure is hidden they get caught up in counting the loot and dividing the spoils. By the time they're done they don't even notice the scribe is gone. No where to be seen.

    David Michael Grouchy II