From: Stan [mailto:srydzews@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 10:50 AM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) d20 TFT Campaign Update

Linzy, John S wrote:
> My brother did something like this in his house rules where, at IQ18, the wizard
 > could learn the Sorcerer's Tongue that contained various Words of Power that
 > decreased the cost and  increased the duration of spells.  If anyone is interested
 > I'll dig up the rule and send them out.

Hello, John.

I'd be quite interested if it isn't too much bother.

When you say "Could learn", is that as in a talent they could learn, or not?
We have had a couple of discussions about talents to modify wizard's spell-casting
abilities.  I've never used the notion, but find it compelling.  I don't (apologies
all) much like the idea of just giving wizards additional powers at IQ X, but the
idea of having talents they /could/ learn to enhance their spellcasting always
appealed to me, since it involves a choice: do I learn more spells, or special
talents?