Re: (TFT) Not New Spell

From: "Stan"<srydzews@ix.netcom.com>

What is the background for these spells?  And why give the
animals weapons?

Stan,
These are the end results of a ten year debate on summoned creatures. Some have weapons, some don't. None list armor, but some of the creatures summoned, are listed in ITL as stopping damage. These contradictions lead to huge debates about 'where' the summoned being come from. As the debate began to wind down statements like the following were made. ''It should be just as easy to summon a gargoyle with a polearm, as a myrmidon with a sword.'' ''So why don't summoned creatures have armor? That isn't acting like the "normal" version of that creature.'' It occured to me that to get a truck load of gold and a wish from the wizards' guild only required a new spell. Not that that spell had to be completely different from all existing spells. So I made variations on the existing summoning spells. The island they come from, is from the campaign the spells were introduced in. It is a small volcanic crator in pacific waters. With a tunnel through the rim so a ship can pass inside the crator into totally protected waters. Many of the mercinary wizards of the docks use these versions of summoning in their guard duties.

   David Michael Grouchy II