Re: (TFT) Not New Spell (summoned fighters)

> > How about this: an IQ 12 (or so) spell that
> > lets the wizard summon a myrmidon who has
> > any two talents (not spells) that
> > the wizard himself knows?
>
> I don't think this is supported by the canon
> ... after all, a wizard doesnt have to know
> how to swing a sword in order to summon
> a standard myrmidon.

Yes, it is different, but I was trying to come up with something short of
allowing every weapon talent the wizard has ever heard of--which would seem to
be the only limit with a total-flexibility approach.

And yes it's probably too limiting, as few wizards have any weapon talents
(crossbow being the most common exception in my experience).  Another limit
might be a 'material component' approach, requiring the wizard to have a small
statue (25mm, perhaps?) of the type of person he wants.  You would still need
*some* limits, I doubt people would want myrmidons with guns or grenades.

This all raises the question of what the Summon Myrmidon spell is really
doing:

Is this supposed to be a real person drawn from some alternate dimension (The
Dimension of Broadsword-wielding Maniacs)?  -- Something akin to the Elenoin,
I guess.

Does the spell summon a random individual from among all those (either here or
in another dimension) who fit its stat and talent criteria?

Or is the spell temporarily creating a pseudo-person out of nothing?  Quite a
sophisticated spell, in that case, to actually create an IQ 8 intelligence
from nothing.

Or perhaps the myrmidon is summoned from a warrior's paradise, a la the D&D
Horn of Vahalla?  This could explain the standardized equipment selection.
But if so then where do the summoned bears come from, a bear's paradise?