Re: (TFT) Counters v Miniatures

> 2. Do you know of a source for additional TFT
> counters or art that I can use to make my own?

While not for TFT, or even counters in the strictest sense, the 'cardboard
heroes' products from SJG can be useful.

Additionally, there is a company, whose name escapes me at the moment, that is
currently making counters for the 3rd edition D&D system.  I can research it
if you like.

While the man-sized counters from this company are probably usable as-is,
largely you'll probably have the same problem with these as with your
miniatures--the big counters are the wrong size.  A dragon that actually fits
in that 7-hex pattern is not an easy thing to come by.  A side-view 2d
stand-up could more easily accomodate such a base, and not clash so much with
true miniatues as a counter would.  I think the cardboard heroes products
include a few of the larger monsters as side-views.

As to the rest: I agree, there is a lot of overhead associated with
miniatures.  I don't know of much that can be done about that.

I would also be very interested in hearing about any original counter art that
people have done.  I've recently gotten some experience with aeresol & illo
board counter-mounting as part of my work on the Divine Right expansion, and
found it's not as hard as I thought to make nice, avalon-hill thickness
counters in small quantities.