Re: (TFT) Come one, come all ! Potions for all spells

It's pretty simple.

If a character has Priest and/or Theologian (really just twice as much of
the good stuff), then I will, for a single die roll every so often (kinda
depends on how the session is going, if they're just marking time making job
rolls, it's less frequent. Usually, it turns out to be about a roll a day,
assuming 20 or so rolls a day), if that roll comes out a 'failure' (and
there's a bunch of rolls that aren't quite failure), I'll turn it into a
success. It has to be a roll that I make in private.

The character can pray (generic term, any appropriate ritual will do) if
they want, and depending on just how faithful I think they've been, they
might get the next roll done up, but they might not. It also sorta depends
on the interaction between god they're praying to, and what they're praying
for. Praying to Thor to get you out of a battle ain't flying. And, of
course, the character can pray for someone else. A character can also
influence me with more ritual, oaths, quests, and such, but there's no
guarantee.

So, the characters know that they're getting divine providence, but not
quite sure when, where, or how. That's why it requires faith. I just didn't
like that you had to take a Talent to get: nothing. You can act as a rep
from a church. Big deal! On my world, the gods are real, but not much seen,
and rather unconcerned with humans (rather Olympian in many places). There's
lots of 'priests' out there with Business Sense and Charisma (and not all
bad, at that). But it's the ones with Priest that get the direct line.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com