(TFT) SOLO 006

SOLO III
Demon World
Part 006

When you wake in the morning you still have no idea who you are or where your memory went. But you do have a strange sense of your abilities. Rebecca visits in the morning and tells you that in two weeks she'll start training you again. "Till then you need bed rest." In that time you learn that two of the new kids ran away. That leaves 22 new kids. One of the three doctor kids named "Ada" visits you a lot. And she brings talk of what the family is doing. She says a lot of things that make sence like "Sorry, but mushrooms are all we have to eat", and "Its the only thing we can get to grow well down here." Other times she says things that sound strange even in this setting. "We run two fire drills a day now. And we put out the three magic jars. The pickled dragon-et, the jar of am-bush leaves, and the glowing jar of am-bush twigs." Even after trying to explain in detail you just become more confused. Luckily time passes fast. The two weeks are up. Rebecca comes and takes you to get trained. She takes you through the main room, which is deserted, out into the hall. There some tumbling mats have been spread out. Gail is standing there in baggy exercise clothes. "I'm going to help you stretch out. One should always stretch first." And she takes you through fifteen long minutes of slow stretching in various directions. Directions that all have pain barriers. You feel loose and solid afterward. Rebecca is also wearing baggy exercise clothes. She says "wait here." and jogs down the hall. She turns and stands in one place flexing her feet causing her body to rise up and down. Then she sets off at a run. About four meters from the mats she throws her hands to the floor and starts doing flips. She peaks with a double flip up near the vaulted ceiling and lands on the mats with her back to you. Her landing makes it look like she wasn't moving at all. She turns her head and looks back at you over her shoulder. "I'm gonna teach you how to wrestle." Her body spins around to face you, moves in, and wraps her arms around behind your knees. With a lift and a push you wind up on your butt. "That's called 'shooting in' she says." She gets off you and says "You try it."

 To shoot in roll 1D6 and check the result on the tabel below.

1 She slams the mats.
     She doesn't say anything.  (get 2 exp)
2 She lands hard, her hands have to catch her.
    "better." she says (get 2 exp)
3 you grab around her legs,
     and both go down on the floor.
    "Fair." she says; pulling a dagger from her boot,
     and showing it to you. (you get 1 exp)
4 you grab around her legs,
     but get no lift, and you both topple slowly.
    "barely." she says; pulling a dagger from her boot,
     and showing it to you. (get 1 exp)
5 She pushes you back effortlessly.
    "Slow." she says
6 She slaps the left side of your face
     stopping you cold.
    "You are too slow she says."

Continue "shooting in" and getting exp until you have 10 exp. This takes about an hour of your morning so far and it's been a work out. Uncle takes 1 fatigue. So Rebecca calls a break.

Uncle                            Rebecca
ST  8     hth 1-4, knife 1-1     ST 18     hth 1+1
DX 16                            DX 16(13) Chainmail(3)
IQ  8                            IQ  8
MA 10                            MA 10(6)

"Now for a knife fight." She takes you to a table in the main hall, where there is a box, two blunted knives and a pile of chainmail. She puts on the shirt of chainmail. Then she hands you a blunted knife. Walking back to the hall with you she says "try and stab me."
             __
    __    __/R \__    U = Uncle
 __/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/  \__/  \__/   R = Rebecca
\__/U \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/
   \__/

You have a higher MA than her and she has her back to a wall. You move to shoot in but she stops you by waving her own blunted knife at your face. You come up short just standing next to her. You watch the knife for a second, then shoot in under it. Roll 1D6 and check the table below.

Turn 1
1-2  You take her down fast.
    She doesn't get a dagger from her boot.
3-4  You got her down,
    but she got her own blunted knife out of her boot.
5   You couldn't get in.
	She gets to attack you with a slap DX 13
6   She automatically slaps the side of your face.
	She gets to attack you with a possible second slap DX 13

Turn 2 in HTH (did take her down)
    your DX is higher, you attack first DX 20
    then she tries to disengage 4D vs. DX 17

Turn 2 (did not take her down)
    try to stab at DX 16
	then She attacks you with a slap DX 13

If you take her down, you will get chance to stab her next turn in HTH. In Hand To Hand (HTH) wrestling you are DX+4 to hit the person you are wresting with (so Uncle is 16+4 = 20). If you fail to draw blood she will disengage (DX 17 on 4D). Then she will say "Try again." You may have to try this fight quite a number of times. If, on the other hand, you actually stab her, before she disengages, you get 5 exp. And then Rebecca says "I think he's ready."

  David Michael Grouchy II