Re: (TFT) New weapon list for ranged weapons --> fine bows?

> I know what you mean. I've tried their bows, and I almost bought one, but
> ended up getting a Korean bow instead. Nice bow, but I just can't get the
> knack of using a thumb-ring. :-(

I've known the guy who inports them for a couple of decades. He was over
there with the National Guard hospital unit, bought a bow, and people around
here were so interested in it he started importing them. Of course, it
helped that his first degree was business before the nursing stuff.

Fortunately for thumb-rings, I prefer Japanese style, so I've just got the
glove. The things I've found is that with a finger draw, you have to put the
arrow on the inside. Thumb draw, on the outside. Think of how the string
wants to turn, and you'll see what I mean.

> I've come to the conclusion that longbow vs composite is another one of
those
> 'holy wars', like mac vs pc, revolver vs semi-auto, or 9mm vs .45 acp. My
own
> personal preference is for composite (actually for composite made using
> modern materials), but I'm not going to dis the longbow side.

If what you have are sticks and a damp climate and hide/fish glue, then I'm
all over the longbow. But, with all the modern stuff out there, it's hard
not to come up with  something better than that.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com