Re: (TFT) Hymenopteran Version

Robert Morger
Boerne, TX
rmorger@2ev1.net

From: "David Michael Grouchy II"
<david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:14:57 -0600

>>From: "rmorger" <rmorger@mail.ev1.net>
>>
>>Here goes with my version: (long post)
>
>Roger,
>    Looks very useable.  I could antagonize a campaign for years
with one of
>these mimic hives.  Here are some minor points.
>
>>QUEEN:        MA 6-3
>
>   I think the MA should be 6-2. Odd numbered MA makes for a
little
>confusion when choosing melee' options like "move half MA..."

Point taken and duly recorded. Hadn't thought about half movement
attacks etc.

>>MIMIC Worker/Warrior:
>>                           ....  If a PC gets within 1-2
>>mega hexes away from a mimic this roll drops to 3d6 vs IQ
>
>     Most of my encounters happen within 2 mega hexes.  I am
inclined to
>keep the detection roll at 5D, no matter the range.  Untill they
attack that
>is.

Basically what I was insuring by the above setup.  B^)
Note: in day light hours full sun if you were to see these
critters they are obviosly non humanoid in nature.

>>BREEDING DRONES:
>>
>>       MA 8
>
>   Since they do most of the tunneling, i've calculated their
tunneling rate
>trough rock.  Depending on their ST they can cut through one hex
of solid
>rock in 2-3 hours.  I don't know how much faster you would make
it through
>softer earth.
>
>     David Michael Grouchy II

MA of 8 would be in already cleared terrain/tunnels like most
insects I dont think they would mess around much in solid rock
most digging would be in softer ground.
How did you figure their tunneling rate in rock out of curiousity?

ERRATA:
A couple things I forgot interior tunnel system in the hive has a
Phosphorescent fungi/moss on the walls so there is ample light for
anyone in it and all mimics suffer a -6 DX adj for total darkness.

The summon Myrmidon spell used by the queen would summon available
thralls to do her bidding/defending.

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net