(TFT) Willow's Wingwaifs, for Cas

--- "Cas and Lisa (also Silvia, Max & Viveka) Liber"
<casliber@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> > You want a variant?  What kind?
> >
> Dunno, be creative - eg: Willy-willies (miniwirlwind
> air elementals),
> something earthy/icy/whatever. Would do it myself
> but nothing leaps to mind
> straightaway and i am trawling thru a backlog of
> stuff.

No worries.  Air Elementals make sense, their natural
ability to fly allows them to cover combat-worthy
distances without straining credulity.  That is, an
Air Sylph flying across a hex in seconds makes sense,
a two-inch tall Earth Elemental crossing the same
distance in the same time just doesn't sit right.  But
Airy?  Coming right up...

- Willow Weatherwitch's Wingwaif Wave -
(A treatment of Elemental Swarm)

First, must thou hast summoned by thy Art, a Sylph of
minute pow'r and aerie mein.  Beware ye, let this be
the weakest thou might summon, for in the Wave, it is
the numbers, and not the pow'r, that tells.

Once that Sylph be attending, mayst thou Conjure by
her aid a number of her fellows, who will follow her
in her actions.  Good effect has been had in the use
of such in the moving of dust and the airing of rooms,
though the fellow Sylphs will not long remain in our
world, perhaps an hour or more.  Helmi o'th'Forge
reports that while here, they may serve well to fan a
forge, and I have found for myself that each might
serve to snuff a torch or candelabra in but a moment,
though a proper hooded lantern might keep them at bay
until four or more might cooperate to open the hood.

Willow entreats all to whom the presents come, do not
conjure by this means Sylphs of Fire, for these will
not follow long thy allied Sylph, and soon become a
danger to all about.  There are some who hath conjured
Gnomes or Undines by this means, and report such
suited well to the tending of gardens.  Sylphs of
Fire, despite the poor example set by Maera Devaine,
ought not be summoned.

> Glad you piped up - had deleted quite a few emails
> and recalled you
> mentioning abt chattering skulls before.

Chattering Skull was an "Explosive Gem" stand-in for a
Shaman PC from my Runes of the New World campaign.
It's still in the list archives someplace.