(TFT) Gates?

All,
	I noticed, last night, when I was trying to solve a sewage disposal
problem in a dwarven cavern I was designing, something about the "Gate"
spell that I'm not sure is reflected in the discussions so far on this list.

"There is a small chance that a Gate will malfunction and be destroyed each
time it is used. The GM should roll 3 dice each time a **figure** passes
through. ..."

Emphasis added. The first sentence might be construed to imply that passing
*inanimate objects* through will eventually break a gate. The second
sentence definitely applies only to *beings* passing through.

It makes a big difference to the dwarves - I mean, if my plumbing goes AWOL
every 216 flushes (and needs a high-IQ wizard plumber with a 50-point ST
battery to arrive within 1 minute each time it goes) I'm sticking with
port-a-potties.

(Hm. Thorin Oakenbucket, Dwarven Piss-boy? Nah...)

On the other hand, if inanimate objects can pass through gates without
limit, lots of previous ideas get a lot more practical, including my
solution to the plumbing problem.

What say you?

						- Mark