Re: (TFT) Too simple / not as simple or elegant... Survey

Oh, religion. I had forgotten to mention that on my list.

That was badly done. Though on the one hand I am greatful they did not take
the D&D approach, I did not necessarily favour pure atheism, either.
Something along the lines of specific religions/cults, each having their own
blend of abilities, powers and taboos. And if you fail your god(s)
(actually, most ancient religions were quite polytheistic) you might face
devine retribution, if you are a priest. That and the taboos of whatever
sort can be made to balance out any advantages.

All that were needed were guidelines and an example or three. Would really
have enriched the game.

For example, a while ago someone posted a Bloodrunner Cult, which I thought
was very interesting and well done. Here we have priests with the ability to
give their followers power by bleeding themselves (that's not quite right -
doing this from memory). Neat! In a vaguly similar vein one can consider the
Battle Mages of Darok, who can perform massive fire magics when in groups.
One could consider this a manifestation of Akhora, if one wants.