Re: (TFT) More on Sweeping blows.

--- "Cas and Lisa (also Silvia, Max & Viveka) Liber"
<casliber@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> > I caution against the arguement that 'new talents
> help
> > balance'.  They don't.  New talents means new

> Ed- I meant something like Double Entendre to be an
> end-point like talent,
> the cognac after the dessert of a 45+ pt character,

Please, I DO like the Double Entendre talent, and the
concept of a highly-limited extension of a
past-master's lethality.  DE is very cool.  And it
gets my approval, but not as a means of 'balance'.
For the one IQ slot the warrior spends on it, his
magician chum is getting Possession or some such.

> > I also dislike with some degree of emotional
> intensity
> > the drive to nerf sweeping blows.................
>
> I must admit, I too had no problem with this - if it
> ain't broke, don't

I gather it _is_ broke, in campaigns where the
characters can absorb the -4DX.  But I don't think
it's the rule that needs tweaking.  I'm sure there's
challenge aplenty in such a campaign, and dislike the
system-wide 'fun tax' that a rule tweak represents,
when these campaigns should be well equipped to repair
their problems without such a tweak.