(TFT) SOLO III, 004

SOLO III
Demon World
Part 004

The older girls hold the excited children back and wave them off. ''Now now! Hes tired and needs to rest.'' They make their way through the crowd to a side door. The children are boys and girls mostly eight years old, but some up to twelve. Their clothes are in various states of wear and tear. Some newer and cleaner than others. Some of higher quality than others. It seems these are children of all social classes and walks of life. Off to the end of the room is a large group of quiet kids about seven years old. Their cloths look brand new, and the kids have that hunted lost look about them. They stare as you are carried into the other room. Through the side door into a short hall. The four girls who carry your stretcher are the oldest. In the hall curtains cover doors leading to eight other rooms. They go to the one at the end, push the curtain aside and enter. The stretcher is set on the floor and two of the girls shoo the younger children back in the hall. They drop a curtain behind them as they leave. Rebecca and the other girl with a candle help you into a bed.
  ''I suppose you want me to talk to the new ones, Uncle?''
Rebecca answers her for you. ''Do that Gail. I dont think uncle remembers what to say.'' They lay you back and pull up a blanket to tuck you in. Gail takes a last look at your face and turns leaving the room. Rebecca says, ''Get some sleep. Well take care of the ones you rescued today.'' And she goes around the room, blowing out candles. All but one. On a table. She goes to the curtain, pulls it aside, and takes one last look at you. Then she steps through and drops it behind her. A chatter and murmur is coming from the big room down the hall.