(TFT) I knew this guy

Shawn Shurlock. He is playing in my campaing for the first time. Being a good friend of some of the other players they invited him. The group is sitting in a tavern trying to unravel a wicked plot by some evil cabal. It seems this cabal group has been giving people potions that incubate for one to six days, then the drinker morphs into a monster and mindlessly attacks people. Just as the players peice this together, one of the NPC's sitting across the bar from Shurlock's character morphs into a monster, and comes straight at him. I figure, 'let's get the new guy into the action.' Well Shawn leans forward and gives me this pained expression. "Out of ALL the patrons in this bar. Why did the monster come after ME?" Shawn gets very impassioned about it, standing up and gesturing with his arms. "I mean what is it? Is it this BIG RED letter 'P' on my fore head that stands for player character?" He points to his own forehead. "Is that why I'm being attacked and no one else. Not the two people sitting next to him" Shawn indicates the two NPC's on the battle map. "No. It goes around them, and comes straight at me?!" I can see the other players grinning, waiting to see what my reaction will be. Apparently they have played with this guy before. And they want to know how I'm going to handle him. So I say... "Uh, yeah. In fact all the characters notice for the first time, that they all have big red 'P's on their foreheads." Shawn seems satisfied with this answer, and proptly kills the monster. It turns out he is quite the tactician and hasa lot of gaming experience. The rest of the session goes very well. But I do get them back in the second half of the evening. The group of characters approaches a village. They are planning to stay there for the night. But when they arrive they find all the villagers marching around outside holding up signs. The villagers are protesting. The signs say things like "Equal exp for NPC!", "Unfair treatment by PC's', 'Followers deserve and equal cut', and "We are on Strike!". The NPCs are waving the signs, shaking their fists at the group and generally making angry noises at them.
    So the group sleeps in the woods that night.

    David Michael Grouchy II