Re: (TFT) Spellcasting, Fatigue, Wounds and Arrows

In a message dated 11/25/2003 9:01:28 AM Central Standard Time,
srydzews@ix.netcom.com writes:

>> I think using a handful (or several) of iron metal filings is a bit
>> perverse, and was probably not the original intent of the rules
>
> For the record, I agree.  My proposal was a "devil's advocate"
> sort of statement.  Personally, I also go with the ~.5 kg (aka 1
> pound) threshold.

I considered something like that myself, but I wanted to push wizards into
using "silver" daggers, which meant reducing the threshold to 0.1 kg or less
(the "book" weight of a dagger).

For that matter I wanted to push wizards into using "silver" arrowheads if
they used bows or crossbows, but I though that the full -4 Dx for *one* steel
arrowhead was too much. That's why I settled on -1 Dx per arrowhead, up to -4 Dx
for 4 or more.

For "wizards can use steel daggers, but larger weapons give a spellcasting
penalty" your 0.5 kg threshold is about right (BTW: do you count the rapier
(book wt 0.5 kg) as being just over or just under your threshold?)

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow