RE: (TFT) Overland Travel

At 10:34 AM 12/18/03 -0700, Marc Gacy wrote:

Just tossing out an idea, what do people think of a rule that you could
travel at twice your speed at the rate of 1 ST (or fST) per hour? ...

Well I wouldn't double the travel rate unless they were jogging, which definitely builds up fatigue pretty quickly, unless they're not carrying
any gear _and_ in very good physical condition with excellent shoes/boots
on excellent roads in perfect marching weather and uninjured, etc.

Even marching at whatever their usual speed is would cause fatigue (though
maybe not worthy of TFT's "closer to death" effect) unless they were
travelling quite slowly or stopping to rest as the least fit marcher got
a little tired.

In other words, yes, but I'd halve speed if they don't want to get tired,
instead of doubling speed if they want to get tired. Especially if my travel speeds were based on "maximum possible" speeds.

However, I'd combine it with a rule where fatigue doesn't make you closer to death, but just makes you a bit weaker in combat and reduces spellcasting (i.e., I play GURPS ;->).

PvK