Re: (TFT) I'm back..... again

We designed a really good EP award system after playing for several years
and observing things. If I recall correctly, it went something like this,
but I'm forgetting some details:

For defeating opponents in combat, each opponent needs to be given a point
value. Instead of ITL's ST + base DX, this is generally equal to their ST
+ AdjDX + Armor +/- bonus weapon damage compared to the usual weapon for
their ST. For wizards, I think we added their IQ too, but I know I'm
forgetting details. Ideally, you'd factor in the spells they were using,
but that could get rather complex.

IIRC, the EP you get for defeating someone is equal to twice their point
value, minus your own. For wounds, pro-rate the experience you'd get for
defeating them.

If your point value is twice that of your opponent, you only get 1 EP for
beating them.

So for a typical starting figure in an even fight, the EP is the same as
in ITL. Beating someone better than you gives more EP than that, and
mowing down scum with magic weapons gets you very little EP. As makes
sense, you only get a lot of experience for doing things that are actually
challenging, and as equipment makes a big difference, it should in a fair
EP system, too.

This proved very satisfying compared to the ITL EP system, where Captain
Iron Flesh:

ST 14      fine flaming 2-handed sword 3d+2 +1 DX
DX 14 (13) fine chainmail (armor 4) -2DX
IQ 10      self-powered Iron Flesh amulet (armor 6)
           Warrior (armor 1)

Kills two 30-point cannon fodder:

ST 10      cutlass 2d-2
DX 10
IQ 10

and gets 40 EP, the same as if he had to kill Deathov:
ST 16      fine pole axe 2d+4, slung great sword 3d+1
DX 24 (20) fine plate (armor 6) -4 DX
IQ 12      self-powered Iron Flesh amulet (armor 6)
           Veteran (armor 2)

which is obviously wrong, since the cutlass corps has to roll double or
triple damage to even have a chance of injuring Captain Iron Flesh, while
Deathov is probably going to kill him.

Under our EP system, the 30-point CF is worth 20 points, Captain Iron
Flesh is worth:
14 (ST) + 13 (AdjDX) + 2 (weapon damage) + 11 (armor) = 40 points

So rightly so, he'll only get 1 EP each for finishing off the cutlass
corps. If one of them however manages to roll triple damage and a high
damage roll and beat him, he'd get 2 x 40 - 20 = 60 EP.

Deathov is worth:
16 (ST) + 20 (AdjDX) + 2 (weapon damage) + 14 (armor) = 52 points

If Captain Iron Flesh can beat Deathov, he'll earn 2 x 52 - 40 = 64 EP,
and Deathov would get 2 x 40 - 52 = 28 EP for taking out Captain Iron
Flesh.

I think we came up with a very good system (hopefully I'm not forgetting
many important details...), but it does require more math than one might
like.

PvK