Re: (TFT) Experimental Injury and Healing rules - comments appreciated.

I should stress that I was not trying to create a "death spiral" - a more
careful analysis of these proposed rules will show that I've actually
increased the odds of survival in a number of subtle ways (allowing survival
to negative ST, etc.). Nor am I necessarily wanting slavish realism -
playability and simple fun are even more important considerations. But if
possible I do want game rules to reflect "realistic" results at least in an
abstract sense. Fudging a bit for more fun is fine.

I should also note that the DX- due to injury is not my idea, but just
original TFT rules, and I was merely muddling through trying to codify and
rationalize the whole thing.

That said, though, if actually eliminating a rule makes sense in terms of
realism, than I'm all for it.

However, I do have some reservations, here. I too have heard of cases along
these lines - people shot through the heart and continuing to fight until
dead, etc. but in every single case the vic was hopped up on alcohol, PCBs,
or Lord knows what. Obviously, this is not relevant to these rules. It would
help, Erol, if you could be a bit more specific on this matter, and give us
some examples, as I am not sure what you are referring to.

We could always test this, you know... get you psyched up and run you
through with a sword and see if you notice :-) Of course, if you are right,
I have no doubt that you will rip my arm off and bludgeon me to death with
it... and then expire from blood loss a minute later.

One observation: we should probably not limit ourselves to thinking in terms
of just pain. For example, were I to be hamstrung by a sword, my inability
to feel any pain would be irrelevant - no matter how hard I try, I won't be
able to run, since my body physically cannot do that anymore. Point being
that with enough strutural damage, you might well have penalties just
because your body can no longer perform certain moves because of
muscle/skeletal damage in key places.

Thanks much for the input, Erol!