Re: (TFT) Experimental Injury and Healing rules - comments Examples

From: "Charles Gadda" <cgadda@earthlink.net>

> I'm not out to disprove/discredit you, nor to gain yours or anyone elses
> "agreement" - what I am trying to do is come up with a rules set that I
like
> that has considered all of the information on the subject. It's
frustrating
> to have someone insist you are wrong, but not provide sufficient
explanation
> or evidence to back up their claims.
>
> > A point of order: I don't "uncritically accept claims that there is no
such
> > thing as a 'death spiral'" since, as I posted earlier, I formerly held
your
> > position and was convinced by arugment and evidence from many
> > different places to change my mind.

If it helps any ( or maybe it won't ), there is considerable debate within
the combat modelling community on this very issue.  Almost everyone
agrees that some sort of reduction in capability is called for but noone
can agree on exactly how that reduction should be implemented or
when it should "kick in."

The good news in all of this is that almost anything you can come up
with is as defendable as anything else, so as long as you feel you have
a good rationale for your system and its playable, I'd go with it.  And
this is another reason why its Good to be the GM - you don't have to
obtain a consensus on rule changes.  ( Though, if you're a good GM,
you should be willing to change things to meet the wants/needs of the
players ).

Dan