Re: (TFT) new rules: UC talents and character generation

Hi John,
   I've read thru your rules and have a few comments.

   First of all, very nice!  You have done a very
good job of organizing the various advantages of the
talents in a very clean and easy to read format.

- You say that UC1 replaces warrior.  What do you mean
by this exactly.  Is Warrior gone?

- The saving rolls that look like 3d+3 vs adjDX could
use some more explanation since they are not canon.
Also is the additional complexity for 3d+3 vs adjDX
worth it?  I would stick to 4vs adjDX.  Likewise
4+3 vs adjDX is pretty much 5 vs adjDX.

- Some of the stages of progress are strange.  The
enemy must roll 3+3 vs adjDX to hit you if you have
UC3, but only 4 vs adjDX if you have UC4.  The two
rolls are almost the same.

- The bonus for doing damage with weapons is almost
as large unarmed bonuses.  I confess I would rather
that UC5 does an extra point or so unarmed and not
have any larger bonus for weapons.

- The very high memory costs of the talents (higher
than the normal TFT rules) demand that people use
some sort of bonus memory rules.  You might want to
put down 2 costs, one when using your rules and one
for people staying with the regular TFT rules. (You
suggest they use your knowledge rules.  By the way,
the link to those rules does not work.)

- I do not like having UC4 masters getting the bonus
for Aid spell.

- The statement, "..., and add two dice for a 3 hex
creature (max)."  Does the max mean that the penalty
maxes out at 3 dice, or that 3 hex creatures are the
largest creatures that can be thrown?  You might want
to say that you can throw figures more than 3 times
your size in hexes, so the rules will work if a 2 or
3 hex figure learns these talents.

   Regards, Rick