Re: (TFT) HTH mechanics

Hi Peter,
         I like these rules. They seem balanced, yet still leave the innate
horror of grappling with a tiger. The only suggestion I would make is the
fending off rule. I like the correction about a weapon larger than a
dagger, but don't you think a master of Unarmed Combat would also be able
to avoid HTH as easily or easier than a typical armed thug? I haven't
thought much about this but here are some points to consider.

    * The difficulty to target a UC artist would increase with the level of
training.
    * No weapon is needed to fend off.
    * A UC artist attempting HTH would gain an advantage based on level of
training.
    * The advanced masters would be nearly impossible to take down by the
untrained.

I might try to develop this later on. Work is interfering with my fantasy
life. "They" just don't have their priorities right.

Keep 'em swinging!
                 David