RE: (TFT) hollow Cidri --> Gravity getting stronger near center of shell.

On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 20:11, David Michael Grouchy II wrote:
> >From: Rick Smith <rsmith@lightspeed.ca>
> >
> >... wouldn't gravity
> >go to zero as you approached zero, then
> >climb back to 1 gee as you approached the
> >inside?
>
> Rick,
>   Under that scenario the Planet would collapse into a solid sphere.
>
> David Michael Grouchy II

   I think you have missed my point.  On the
outside of the world, you have 1 gee.  On the
innersurface of the sphere you have 1 gee in
the opposite direction.  Wouldn't halfway thru,
the gravity have to be zero?

   Presumably it would not collapse with the
anti-gravity ball pushing everything into
inner surface.

   Rick